Sunday, August 3, 2008

Rafael Saldaña: The Artist

.

"Noontide Dreaming"


"Tasmanian Landscape with Blue Wrens"



"Tasmanian Dreaming"



"The Importance of Water"



"Australia is an Old Garden"

Caption: Some of the artwork of Rafael Saldaña -- the Spanish-born artist based in Australia.

No, this blog entry is not about me but it is about my namesake, Rafael Saldaña -- the Spanish-born artist based in Australia.

While I was living in Melbourne, Australia (several years ago) I saw some greeting cards bearing the work of the artist Rafael Saldaña. The themes of his paintings are nature and the Australian landscape. I'm glad that I bought some of those cards.

Shown above are some of Rafael Saldaña's paintings.

It's nice to know that I have a namesake who is an accomplished artist :)

Related Link:

http://www.artpublishing.com.au/new_releases.html

Cheers,

Raffy
.

1 comment:

Bianca Martin said...

Rafael Saldana 'the artist' was my grandfather.
=]
he was amazing.
i miss him!